Stock Market Trading Hours
Trading or share trading is simply the buying and selling of stocks/securities. People trade to gain profit and build wealth. However, it is quite difficult to make a profit through trading that is why it makes sense to understand the market, its trends and build your own strategies according to your risk (risk is always involved in trading that is why it makes sense to be prepared for the ups and downs.) taking capacity.
Difference between Trading & Investing –
Most people believe that trading and investing is same and there is no difference between these two terms; however, in reality both are different terms. They both are methods of obtaining profit in the financial market. In other words, investors always invest for the long term through buying and holding, whereas, traders use strategies to obtain good returns in short term. “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” – Warren Buffett
Means, traders look to obtain as quickly as possible while investors want to build wealth in a gradual manner. Indeed, investors take difference approaches and even reinvest to get good returns. On the other hand, traders are mainly involved in frequent transactions to gain profit.
Best Trading Hours For Stock Market In
- The United States / Americas – As of 2019, the NYSE has normal trading hours from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, unless there’s an early close due to a holiday. (Source – investopedia)
- India – All trading on stock exchanges takes place between 9:15 a.m. till 3:30 p.m., Indian Standard Time (+ 5.5 hours GMT), Monday through Friday. (Source – investopedia)
- United Kingdom – New York/London (1pm-5pm) – The New York/London overlap is the longest that occurs, providing a 4 hour trading window. This window is the best time to trade forex in the UK. (Source – learntotrade)
Do stocks trade 24 hours a day?
TD Ameritrade offers trading 24 hours a day five days a week. Meanwhile, premarket trading takes place in the morning before the market opens. It is an ideal condition for savvy investors. (Source – smartasset)
How does stock trading work?
The stock market is divided into two kinds of market. The primary market is where the shares of any company getting newly listed are bought directly from the company through the stock market.
The other, much bigger and sometimes more profitable, market is the secondary market where the shares bought off the primary market may be traded further. For example: All shares of a company have been sold and you want to trade in those shares. You can bid for the shares from the new owners by quoting a higher amount: Rs. 20 for the Rs.10 share. Any new owner of the shares may take up the offer and exit the investment.
Why choose us?
- We provide Professional Investment Advice to Individuals, corporate and other legal entities.
- Our Research Analysts are qualified, skilled, knowledgeable and consist of highly proficient and experienced professionals.
- We have rich experience in investment analysis and portfolio management.
- We perform in-depth research and recommend investments in individual securities (stocks) for short term and long-term investment horizon.
- We provide comprehensive Research Reports, fundamental reports with Periodicals – Daily and Weekly Newsletters.
Contact us to know the best trading hours in stock market….